Craving smooth skin without the headaches of razor burn or waxing appointments? Get unsightly hair gone for good with a painless, safe laser hair removal treatment at Glow Medspa.
At Glow Medspa, we use the highest quality laser hair removal technology to safely and effectively remove unwanted body hair, in both large and small areas. It’s painless, permanent and as an added bonus, leaves behind softer, more supple skin.
Laser hair removal is non-invasive and each hair is removed in a fraction of a second. It selectively targets dark, coarse hairs without damaging your skin and can be used on large areas, such as legs or the back. Laser hair removal can be done on almost any area of the body where you want to remove or reduce hair growth. Commonly treated areas include legs, underarms, bikini line, back, face, and upper lip. The laser hair removal procedure is cleared by the FDA.
In 2019, Glow Medspa replaced all Candela Gentlemax Pro lasers with Lumenis Splendor X lasers. This device blends two laser systems to remove hair more effectively and efficiently than any other technology. Glow Medspa tested one unit for an entire year before replacing all of their units with this technology. The use of cold air reduces any chance of potential discomfort and makes the treatment more pleasant. Dramatic and permanent results can be achieved after only a few treatments.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Unlike Electrolysis, which uses a needle and electrical currents, laser hair removal is gentler on your body and produces minimal side effects.
The laser emits an invisible light which penetrates the skin without damaging it. At the hair follicle, the laser light absorbed by the pigments is converted into heat. Repetition of this process will eventually stop the hair from growing.
Laser hair removal works quickly in the scheme of things – remind yourself that you’re never going to have to shave or wax again – but it typically takes a series of sessions. Laser hair removal works on actively growing hair, so seven to nine sessions, spaced four to six weeks apart, are typically required to completely remove the hair follicles.
All pricing is for a package. Each package includes 6 treatment sessions.
What To Expect
Typically a consultation and treatment for laser hair removal can happen on the same day. During the consultation your technician will decide if you are an appropriate candidate by looking at your skin color and hair follicle. If so, the technician will explain the process of the treatments and the proper aftercare steps to take to ensure effective results. If you have followed the pretreatment directions and everything checks out we can treat you the same day!
LASER HAIR REMOVAL PRE TREATMENT:
- Patient must be cleanly shaven in all treatment areas on the day of treatment.
- The patient cannot have bleached, waxed, threaded or plucked the hair in areas to be treated within four weeks of appointment.
- No depilatory (cream, gel, or foam hair removal product) can be used for 2 weeks prior to appointment.
- Patient must avoid intense sun exposure (includes tanning beds, incidental sun, spray tans & self-tanners) 2 weeks before and one week after treatment.
- The patient cannot have had a microdermabrasion, chemical peel, or another laser treatment within two weeks of appointment.
- Patients cannot be taking antibiotics or any medication that is photosensitive
- The patient cannot have used prescription topical Benzoyl Peroxide Medications or Retinoids (such as Retin-A or Renova) 3 days prior or less
- The patient cannot have taken Accutane within 6 months of treatment.
- Patients cannot be pregnant or nursing.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL POST TREATMENT:
- MOISTURIZE: After hair treatment, moisturize the treated area at least three times daily for three to four days. This will reduce irritation and minimize the chances of folliculitis.
- BE GENTLE: Avoid bathing in hot water (bath or hot tub) or swimming (pools and ocean) for at least three days. Take only short, cool or lukewarm showers and DO NOT scrub the area. After showering, gently pat the area dry and avoid rubbing with your towel.
- NO SUN: Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds! Wear a sun block with an SPF 45 or higher every time you are outside.
- NO IRRITANTS: Avoid irritants such as astringents, toners, Retin-A (or other prescription retinoids or OTC retinols), harsh soaps, medicated washes, scrubs, peels, and other exfoliates for at least one week after your treatment. DO NOT scrub/rub the area.
- NO PLUCKING: After hair reduction treatments, do not pluck or pick at hairs that are in the process of falling out. Let the hairs fall out naturally (this will happen over the next five to 15 days).
- FOR DISCOMFORT: If you experience redness, swelling, or minor burns/crusting, apply cool ice packs to the treated area, on and off, every three to five minutes for one to two hours (do not apply ice pack for more than five minutes at a time). You can also apply the Post Laser Cream, Vaseline, or Aquaphor to the affected area up to three times a day until it resolves.
- FOR ITCHING and/or SWELLING: If you experience itchiness and/or swelling you may take liquid Benadryl, Allegra or Claritin (available over-the-counter) as needed for up to three days. Liquid Benadryl, Allegra or Claritin can also be taken before your next appointment. Also apply the Elta MD Post Laser Cream twice daily for three days. You may also apply Vaseline or Aquaphor.
- FOR MICROCRUSTING: Do NOT rub or scrub the area. Simply apply Vaseline or Aquaphor and contact us for more info.
- TIMING: For hair removal only: Hair grows in three stages (anagen, catagen and telogen) and is most susceptible to hair reduction in the anagen phase. Weʼll let you know when you should return for your next treatment based on the area you are having treated.
- GOALS: Remember that your goal is improvement, not perfection. Fine hairs, blonde hairs, "peach fuzz", red hair, white hair and grey hair will likely never go away completely with hair reduction treatments and not all signs of photo-aging will completely disappear with treatment. Additionally, hair may return in the future and you may need “touch up” or “maintenance” treatments.
- FACIAL and NECK HAIR: Facial hair and neck hair results can be challenging – If you have hair that is not responding to treatments we may recommend that you see your primary care physician to have your hormone levels checked. Some hair will never go away completely but can be reduced and maintained with an occasional treatment.
Before and After Photos
Unfortunately, taking before and afters of Laser Hair Removal is useless. It’s the same as taking a picture of someone before and after a shave. It’s not going to show you how well the treatment actually works.
Here are some other images of us performing Laser Hair Removal Treatments below:
Glow Medspa is absolutely amazing!!! Friendly and knowledgeable staff, open early and close late, best lasers I've experienced of all the places I've gone to.Ashley White
Glow MedSpa has such a friendly and knowledgable staff. I was hesitant to get laser hair removal but they immediately made me feel comfortable and had so much knowledge. The entire process was quick and simple and I love my results! Would highly recommend.Ariella Yager
I’ve has 2 treatments at GlowMed Spa. I am Hispanic and have very course facial hair. I’ve had treatments before but with the two I’ve had at GlowMed Spa I can already see and feel the difference. I’m excited for the rest of my treatments.Nora Molinar
Professional friendly staffWhitney Stark
I’ve really enjoyed my time going to Glow Medspa! The staff is always very sweet and welcoming.Kristi Gordon
I love this place Totally recommend and great prices!!!Aly Rodriguez
They explain the procedures and how to care for it. And so far I’m very pleased with the results. I have medium brown skin and of very course black hair. I have been Waxing for three years and only after 2 treatments I see that The hair barely grows now.Meem Hussain
The staff is great, every time I have gone in there- my experience has been a great one.Martha Corona
great staff and great serviceMay Belle Sorilla
Great service! Very knowledgeable, professional and kind staffSara Crowley
I came here to do a quick treatment for laser hair removal. This place is clean and well lit! Along with this, the staff, including the technicians are amazing! Would highly recommend this place. I know I'll be visiting again for follow ups!Phoebe