Dermal filler can be the best option if you want to revivify your skin without going through any surgical procedure. It helps to restore fullness and volume in the face by reducing facial lines. Dermal fillers are far less expensive than aggressive surgical procedures and are more comfortable as well as a safer option, so it is gaining popularity. You can see the results after treatment, and its effects remain for many months.
Dermal filler is an injectable gel that is injected in the soft tissue beneath the skin. It is ideal for restoring the lost volume of your face by plumping up the cheeks, lips, and lifting facial contours. The market is flooded with different dermal fillers, but at Glow Medspa, we ensure to use the quality filler that meets industry standards and gives the best result. Derma filler is a crystal clear, smooth gel injected under the skin to replenish lost volume in the facial area.
These fillers contain Hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a natural substance present in the skin that adds volume, helps in moisture-retaining, and deliver nutrients. However, as we age, the facial structure also changes due to various reasons like fat loss, weight gain, loss of HA, Excessive exposure to the environment and sun, and genetics.
Fillers can be injected in:
- Under Eye
- Nasal folds (laugh lines)
What To Expect
At Glow Medspa first consultation with our nurse aesthetician is scheduled in the private consultation room. Our experienced aesthetician/injector will explain the personalized treatment plan during this face to face consultation. This treatment plan will be based on health history and facial analysis. The health history is provided by an upper provider such as Physician Assistant, a nurse practitioner, or a physician via face to face consult or telemedicine before the treatment.
After consultation with our nurse aesthetician, you will be recommended a best suited treatment and all the related information such as duration and amount required. Most of the fillers are made of Hyaluronic acid, and the various types of fillers are Juvederm, Restylane, Voluma, etc.
These fillers are injected after numbing the site with a cream or distraction tool as it minimizes the ‘pinch’ feeling. Changes are visible immediately with fillers; however, you may experience swelling, but it is normal as it subsides within a day or two depending on the injection site and filler type.
Aftercare instructions for fillers
- Avoid extensive heat or sun for 72 hours
- Avoid heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid excess consumption of alcohol as well as salts to avoid swelling
- If you experience swelling, then try to keep face slightly elevated and up
- Gently wash your face within 24 hours of treatment
- To minimize swelling, you can ice the area and use Tylenol for discomfort
- Do not immediately judge your results. In the 24-48 hours of treatment, bruising and swelling are common, and it can last long. You can expect modification when bruising, and swelling subsides.
- Contact your healthcare provider if swelling is uncomfortable and remains more than 72 hours.
- Apply ice/Arnica/Benadryl on bruising and swelling to reduce the appearance
- You may apply warm compresses, but the healthcare provider must advise it
- Don’t massage/touch the treated area unless confirmed by a healthcare provider